body

Spiced carrot porridge


I know I have a mental health problem, but I promise you i'm not mad!!!  My IBS is really bad at the moment and all I seem to be craving at night for my Tea is cereal because it's easy to digest.

Which led me to wonder, what other ways i could serve you porridge to stop it getting boring.   Imagine a bowl of porridge that tastes just like Carrot cake mmmm.  Surprisingly it works!!!!  Who would thunk it.  I really made it out of pure curiosity but it tastes great. 


Single portion Carrot spice porridge

1/2 cup porridge oats
1 cup water for thick porridge, 1 1/2 cups for a creamy porridge
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp Sugar (sweeten to taste)
1/2 a carrot grated.
Handful of raisins
A sprinkle of sliced almonds

Add every thing except the almonds to your porridge pot, or jug if you cook in the microwave. Then cook as normal.  I finished mine off with a sprinkling of sliced almonds and a swirl of syrup. 

Further surfing of the net has also introduced me to savoury porridge.  Not really sure if I'm curious to go that far yet.  Then again It's not a total leap of faith, since we do eat rice in both sweet and savoury form xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding