body

IBS - What do you eat?


Whenever someone finds out I have food intolerance's, am always asked the same question.

What do you eat?????

Living with IBS and food intolerance's doesn't mean food has to be boring.  So every so often I like to prove it by listing the food Iv been eating.......

 
Breakfast - Porridge served with 1 tbsp of fruit and 1 tbsp soya yogurt

I'm a true Scot, so I make my porridge with water and a pinch of salt.  Then I go totally non traditional and top it with yogurt and fruit.   Today I had stewed apples with my porridge, reminds me of eating an Apple crumble.  It's like having a dessert for breakfast.  


Snacks - Banana, Apple, Cranberry and orange soda scone,  cornflakes (kind of addicted to these), hot chocolate, homemade cookies.



Cranberry & orange Zest Scones

Not all on the same day of course!!!  I eat little and often so my main meals aren't really big.   Little and often is a way of preventing stomach spasms associated with IBS.









Monday

Lunch - Roast spiced beetroot, with almond cream cheese  and homemade tortilla chips

Dinner - Vegetable curry





Tuesday

Fish pie
Lunch -  Polenta topped fish pie

Dinner -  Large bowl of cornflakes  (guilty pleasure)








Mushroom pies

Wednesday

Lunch -  Tomato soup and soda bread

Dinner - Mushroom pie, veg and gravy





Thursday

Lunch - Carrot & raisin salad, homemade tortilla chips with almond cream cheese and smoked salmon

Dinner - Fish pie and cauliflower

Friday


Pasta and pea pesto


Lunch - Slice of dairy free quiche with homemade baked chips

Dinner - Pasta with homemade pea pesto





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding