body

Date truffle recipe


Easy date truffles
Why is sugar an IBS trigger?

One theory is that your intolerant to certain types of sugars that are added to processed food. While another is that the sugar causes the good bacteria in your digestive system to fermentate. 

Trying to be polite as possible whatever the reason the result is the same - Windy pops or Gas.   Lets face it there's only one way it can escape...........  It wasn't till I developed IBS that I discovered that it can travel both up and down the digestive system.  IBS makes your digestive system hyper senstitive, so you can actually feel it happening. 

Just because I have to watch how much sweet food I eat, doesn't mean that I have to totally cut sugar out of my diet.  It just means I need to be more creative.  I often use dried fruit in my baking to give it more sweetness, so why not go one step further.

Iv just finished my homemade dairy free peppermint creams, so needed something to replace them. (Rationed myself to 1 a day)  So time for another baking experiment that involves no cooking. 

Dairy free Date Truffles - Makes 8 truffles

100g -  Dried dates
1 dessert spoon - peanut butter (both crunchy or smooth will work)
1 dessert spoon - Agave nectar or honey
1 heaped tsp's - dairy free margarine

Place all the ingredients in a food processor, then pulse till a thick paste is formed.

Use your hands to shape the mix into a large ball then Place in the fridge to firm up for at least 30 mins

Break off pieces and roll into balls.

Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.

How simple is that!!!!!

Dried dates give the truffle a wonderful Carmel taste.  I used crunchy peanut butter because I wanted to have pieces of nuts in the truffles.  The dairy free marg and agave help to make the truffle firm.  If you don't have agave nectar or don't like honey, try using golden syrup instead. 

They taste great just as they are but you could always jazz them up by covering them in melted chocolate and rolling in nuts or shredded coconut. 

Perfect as a treat to eat with a cup of tea, they would also make a great homemade gift xxx







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding