body

Vegan oven baked rice - base recipe


Baked vegetable rice

I'm totally useless at cooking savoury rice dishes, regardless of the type of rice.  I no longer have a microwave so quick nuke em rice is no longer an option. The only rice dish I can do  well is a traditional baked rice pudding. 

Sharabelle personal philosophy

Mistakes or failure are just ways of discovering how things don't work.


And Iv found lots of ways of how not to cook rice......

I spent yesterday night looking for some inspiration on the net and found this Oven baked rice recipe  It's a good basic recipe that can be changed up depending on your mood and personal taste. 

I couldn't wait to test the recipe, so I made it for today's lunch (Trying to be healthy and eat my main meal during the day, instead of at night) I'll definitely be using this base recipe again, tasted great. 

To suit my mood.....  I used my yeast free vegetable bouillon granules to flavour the stock, then chili soy sauce instead of normal,  replaced the onion soup mix with a stick of cinnamon and a few cloves.  Also added frozen peas in to the rice 20 Min's before the end of the cooking time, so they wouldn't over cook.  For some texture I  cubed and roasted some potato's and parsnips in curry powder, and served on top of the rice.

It's a great easy chuck everything in one dish and cook recipe xxx
  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding