body

Dairy free treasure hunt




Looking for Food's that can be made dairy free or are dairy free is kind of like going on a treasure hunt. The ones you thought were safe aren't... and the ones you thought you couldn't eat are OK.
Like a treasure hunt your never really sure what your going to find.....




Every so often on my shopping trips round the local supermarket I have a look at the ingredients on a few products that look interesting.  One of my favourite desserts of all time is creme carmelle, I havn't found any dairy free alternatives so I wondered if i could make my own.  Apparently I can with Green's, just by substituting dairy free milk. 




So when I saw the pack for the Lemon Meringue pie filling at the Pantry today, I had a look.  Again from looking at the ingredient list and instructions to make, it's definetly dairy free.  It's not Egg free though, they havn't invented a vegan meringue yet.   You could still use the same filling to make a lemon tart.  The recipe asks for 1 egg yolk but I don't see why this can't be substituted for 1 tbsp of soya yogurt. 

I know what I'll be buying on my next grocery shopping trip xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding