body

Frozen Vegetables - How to avoid food waste



I have a new favourite ingredient, diced frozen onions.   My New Years resolution was to shop smart and avoid wasting food.  I have to watch how many onions I eat due to the windy pop factor, which triggers my IBS.  Using frozen means, I can use a little at time and not worry about the onion going off before I use it again.  Which makes diced frozen onions perfect for me. 


No lady like way to say this, but increased flatulance was one of the first signs that I had IBS.  Along with bloating after eating and stomach cramps.  All I knew was something wasn't right, which is all I could tell the Doctor. 


I prefer to use fresh vegetables as much as possible, but lets be realistic it's unlikely to have just been picked. Frozen vegetables can be just as nutritious, so why not use them along with fresh.  Some veg like Pea's are often frozen within hours of being picked. 

One of my favourite quick soups to make is Pea.  Cook your pea's in stock rather than water.  Add some onion or garlic and blitz with a hand blender for a lovely tasty smooth soup. 





Stuff in my Freezer
Sliced mixed peppers
Garden pea's
Sweetcorn
diced onions
mushrooms




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding