body

Vegetable chips or French Fries......

Sweet Potato Chips



I'm from the UK, so too me Chips and French fries are the same things.  Only difference is that French fries are thin cut, while chips are thicker.  Either way they both taste great.  There also one of my biggest temptations.

I love traditional fish and chips but they give me horrible heart burn. The oil is also not too great for my IBS.  Rather than cut them out of my diet totally, I switched to baking chips at home.   Which was okay for a while, but some of them are still half cooked in oil before there packaged.  So I started to make my own.

There cheaper, simple to make and take very little cooking expertise. They also don't need to just be make from Potatoe's, any root vegetable will do. 

Potatoe, sweet potatoe, parsnip, carrots, turnip

Buying pre-made fresh or frozen food is almost a habit now,  I know it was for me.     You also buy into the adverts messages, that some how there going to save you time and are more convient. If Im totally honest some times they are, but not always.  In some ways my IBS getting worse has done me a favour, lol.  The cost of my weekly shopping bill has definelty gone down.  I'm also eating a lot healthier....


Easiest recipe ever - Chips or french fries

Pre-heat your oven too 200 celsius

Take one large vegetable and chopped into wedges or chip sized piece

Place in a bowl and toss with a little vegetable oil, along with some seasoning

Flavour Options

- Salt and pepper
- Chilli Powder
- Curry powder
- Smoked paprika

Spread them out evenly on a roasting tin and bake for 30 - 40 mins.  The larger the chips, the longer the cooking time.  If your making smaller french fried check after 20 mins.

Half way through the cooking time, shake the roasting tin to toss the veg for an even bake.

Plate up, and enjoyxxx












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding