body

Orange marmalade and cranberry cookies

Orange marmalade and cranberry cookies


Continuing with yesterdays Blog about food waste, thought Id better post a recipe along the same theme.

 I had Orange marmalade in my fridge and some dried cranberry's left over from my Christmas baking.  The marmalade had been in the fridge for a while so really needed used up.  Iv just finished eating the orange and cranberry soda bread scones and bread I'd made, so didn't really want to eat any more so soon.  So that just left cookies.........

One of the worst things about IBS is sometimes you can get stuck in a rut, eating the same foods.  Mainly because you know they won't trigger your symptoms.  Some one I know commented not that long ago that my food was always interesting.  Just because I have food intolerance's doesn't mean my meals have to be boring.

I like to freeze all my food into portions, that way I'm not eating the same meals for the rest of the week.  My homemade frozen meals are OK in the freezer for 3 months.  The same ingredients can make totally different meals.  Just by changing the spices you use, and how you cook them. 

Which is basically why am the type of person that would start to wonder if you can use marmalade to make cookie dough.  (I knew there was a point there somewhere, just took me a while to figure out what I was trying to say!!!!)


As usual I did an Internet search and couldn't really find a recipe that suited me.  So Iv used my Oatmeal and raisin cookie recipe as a base. It turned out a lot better than I'd expected, the dried cranberry's complement the bitter orange taste of the marmalade.  Definitely a recipe I'll be making again.


                                                   Oatmeal and raisin cookie recipe

To modify the recipe swap......

- Dried Cranberries for the Raisins

- 2 tbsp Orange marmalade for the syrup and milk.

- Reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup

This makes a really wet dough, if you prefer a crispier cookie add a few more tablespoons of flour.

TIP:  Rub veg oil into your hands so the dough doesn't stick when you roll it into balls and flatten on your baking sheet.


Bake for 10 - 15 mins.

This is one cookie dough that tastes just as great raw, as well as baked xxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding