body

Dealing with IBS, and great friends and family

My IBS is still playing up, last night I had to sleep on the couch to get some sleep.  I sleep sitting up with  a hot water bottle on my tum.  This lets me stretch out my legs or draw them up, for some reason it works better than sleeping in my bed.  Iv learnt to just go with it now, but I was really grumpy this morning. 

Finding another slug in my kitchen this morning didn't help, I swear there like Ninjas!!! I have no idea how there getting in.  With some people it's spiders, with me it's slugs.  I got out of bed and went to the kitchen in the dark for a drink of water one night and stood on one yuck. 

I have no idea what's set off my IBS this time, and sometimes that happens.  It could be combination of food that I ate together that's caused it.  Or it could be because of the downward mood swings I get at this time of year.  Who knows? 

Iv found keeping physically active helps.  It takes my mind off the discomfort or pain, and second it also helps relieve some of the pain. My best advise is to find what works for you, everyone is different.  Be open to trying a new technique, if it doesn't work then you know for sure and you can let your Doctor know. 

I started the day on a low and Iv ended it on a high, thanks to my friend L.A and my baby bro.  L.A and I went to see the final Twilight movie, breaking dawn.  Totally brilliant film and a totally brilliant friend, who took a half day of work to see the movie with me.  Ohh and her brilliant hubby that picked us up and drove us home. 

Got home and discovered a missed call from my little brother  (the 5ft 11in one).  He later came round for a visit, and brought me a little pressie of some fish.  One of the few foods, other than vegetables that I can still eat.

 It's the little things that friend and family's do, that mean the most xxx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding