body

Giant birthday cookie - size does matter

Mr B's Giant chocolate chip cookie

I don't know who started it, but since he was a toddler my nephew's family nickname has been Mr B.  His birthday is the day after his dad's and his baked goodie request was for one of my Giant Cookie's.  This time filled with chopped Rollo's, milk and white chocolate chunks.  What's better than a giant chocolate chip cookie?  Well getting to pipe your own initials on it off course........ I love baking with kids xxx

He likes his cookies chewy in the middle, so I added some brown sugar to the recipe.  Which is probably why this wins the record for the biggest one Iv made to date, measuring in at 12 inch's wide.  Iv learnt where kids are involved size does matter, especially with cookies.

It's easy make your own.  Take your favourite cookie recipe preferably one with a soft dough and pat down into a circle on a greased baking sheet.  Remember that the cookie will spread so  don't pat it out to near the edges.   Bake at the normal temp for the recipe but double the cooking time.  Mine takes around 30 - 40 min's.  Allow to cool on the baking sheet so the cookie can firm up, this stops it from breaking.  I like to place mine on a cake board for support, before packaging up. 

Novembers birthday bakes are now all complete only Decembers to go.   I have 3 more birthdays and several Christmas hampers to make.   I'll also some how have to fit them all in around my holiday in Costa Teguise.   

Being able to bake on holiday, now that would be a great baking experiment xxx
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding