body

Scones,cheese and cupcakes



Scones with Afternoon tea on today's menu at the Pantry. 


Scones are one of my favourite things to make, so it was no hardship making a double batch today for afternoon tea.  I'v made so many over the year's, it's a recipe I can almost make completely on auto pilot. 

It was bleeping freezing this morning and stayed that way for the rest of the day. So we stuck to hearty comfort food for the rest of the menu. Home made Mac and cheese or Lasagna with chips (In Scotland chips are pretty much served with everything!!)   Dessert was a home made creamy rice pudding, it was so popular that we sold out. 

TIP: Scones and rice pudding are really easy to make dairy free.  They work great by using either soya and coconut.  There also both cheaper to make yourself, rather than buying pre-made dairy free. 

The mac and cheese looked great, I  made my own mac and pea's when I got home but it's not the same.  I really miss cheese.  It's strange, not being able to eat meat or poultry doesn't really bother me but cheese is another matter...... Dairy free cheese just isn't the same.  It's like thinking your getting real chocolate and ended up with something that's only chocolate flavoured. 

What am watching.

Britain's best Bakery started this week on ITV or STV if your in Scotland.  Iv added it to to my SKY plus, as I like to watch cooking shows when I'm eating.  It was the only way I could get myself to eat when I had a really bad flu bug one year. Also helped again after I had my jaw surgery and was stuck on a liquid diet for 2 weeks.  Fun times.....

Today's episode featured the London region, It was great too see Ms Cupcake a vegan bakery as one of the 3 chosen contestants.  I noticed a stack of her cooking books in the background of one scene. Lol she's has a copy of one of my favourite vegan cook books from Post Punk Kitchen Vegan Cupcakes Take over the world. 

 She might not have won, but her vegan cupcakes went down well with the judges.   Great having someone show, that dairy free baking tastes just as great as Full fat dairy xxx












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding