body

I.B.S Survival guide

Part 2 - EATING OUT


Eating out when you have a food intolerance is a pain in the bleep.  Friends and family no longer ask where do you want to eat?  instead its now Where can you eat? 

It's coming up for the festive season so I thought I'd do a little research so I could give them a few more choice's to pick from.  Talk about complicated and confusing.  Your okay if your only lactose intolerant or Gluten intolerant.  However I'm lactose and yeast intolerant, which makes it hard to work out exactly what on a menu I can eat. 

No two people with IBS are the same so it seems a bit daft to me that the websites assume you only have one group of foods your intolerant too!!!!

TOP TIP:  If your lactose intolerant try looking for Vegan friendly restaurants.   

Useful websites: 




Bella Italia  has both Gluten free pizza and pasta available. Pizza hut has Gluten Free pizza's available.  They will also serve pizza without cheese for those who are lactose intolerant. 

From my own personal experience, I had my birthday lunch at Chiquito Mexican Restaurant.  I found the staff very helpful when I let them know I was lactose intolerant. 

TOP TIP: Phone the restaurant before you plan to have your meal and ask it there able to accommodate your dietary needs. 

Lots of main chain restaurants now provide allergen information through there websites.  I always use these to plan my meal before I go out.  When  Im out with friends and family I want to enjoy great conversation and food, I don't want the meal to be focused on my intolerances. 

Planning a head causes less stress when you get there xxxx







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding