body

Ladies that lunch

My friend L is on holiday this week, so she came round for lunch.  Nothing better than food and a good blether with friends.  As usual I had to bake for the occasion, her Halloween party this week was a great excuse. 

Did go a little OTT again though.  By 9am the baking was done and by 10am my homemade tomato and basil sauce was gently cooking away.  We saintly ate pasta with tomato sauce for lunch, so we could splurge on muffin tin mini apple pies and custard for pudding. 


I personalised her cookies, by breaking up and folding through some caramac.  Your not going to find any of these to buy in the shops.

I also made some Chocolate cupcakes.  I cheated a little I bought some pre-made butter cream. Made sense since, the cakes are going to be frozen till Wednesday. 

I was pretty confident making real dairy cookies and Cakes but there was no way I could taste test butter cream.  Morrison's have started doing there own brand of pre-made butter cream.  They have 3 flavours, vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.  Perfect for friends and family that aren't intolerant to dairy. 

TIP: Never freeze cakes with frosting or glaze, they just turn soggy when they De-frost.  Best to put the icing on before you serve them. 

Went a little OTT on the baking at the weekend as well, my mum's dropping in tonight.  She mentioned she had a great onion and cheese pie not long ago.  Not every bakery makes them, and I needed more pie practise so why not make some.  Oops she now has 4 individuals pies and another large one.  Think I got carried away xxx 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding