body

Pie..tastic .....

Veggie pot Pie

I refused to be beaten by the pie crust, so since I had some filling left I had another try.  With a little research on the web and help from the Rachael Ray , I finally succeeded. 

Found a few recipes using a muffin tin, it's a lot easier than trying to free form a pie.  I used veg oil to grease the tins, and rolled out my shortcrust pastry.  Most recipes suggest cutting the pastry into a circle and using a smaller one for the top.  However Rachael Ray comes up with an easier way.  I cut my pastry into large squares and lined my muffin tin.  Once I'd spooned in the filling, I pulled the corners across the top towards the middle of the pie.  Then crimped the edges together.  Why didn't I think of this!!!!

I baked 4 mini pies, I had 2 for my supper.  I must admit the pie bottom did split when I took them out of the tin when they were warm. However the 2 I left to cool completely in the tin came out OK. 

Will definitely be using this trick again, can't wait to try making mini apple pies. 

Perfect portable portions....

There is no way I would attempt to make puff pastry, so out of curiousity I had a look at the Jus-Rol website.  The majority of there product line is dairy free, both vegetarian and vegan friendly.

Great to find another mainstream product I can use xxxx












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding