body

Baked Bean Chocolate chip blondies






I love trying out new recipes, especially if they have strange ingredients.  Iv baked cakes with vegetables and fruit but never beans before.  So when I fould this recipe on Chocolate Covered Katie I just had to give it a try. Iv had a few friends ask me lately if I'd tried baking Gluten free.  Now Gluten free flour is expensive to buy, however beans don't cost much though.  So it's a great Gluten free budget baking tip.

Used my  personal favourite cannellini beans and prepped all my ingredients last night.  Then baked it this morning.

 I reduced the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips too 1/4 cup and added a 1/4 cup chopped dates.  I love dates in cookies or bars, they have a wonderfully fudge like taste and texture. 

 My oven is ancient (Im in the process of looking for a new one) so I knew i had to be careful with the baking time.  I erred on the side of caution and stuck to the 30 mins recommended, as was warned in the recipe that they went hard if over baked.  Should have trusted my gut instinct.... 

Left them to cool all morning and was looking forward to taste testing this afternoon.  When I cut them into portions I realised that they were practically raw!!!   I wanted something I could take out with me as a energy boost snack.  I knew it wasn't a total waste of time as the batter had tasted great when I licked the bowl  for,  totally practical reasons of course off course...... 

1. It cleans the bowl, so you don't have to rinse it before washing

2. You should always taste test everything you cook.  If batter doesn't taste good raw, it's not going to taste good once it's cooked.   OMG it tastes great raw. 

Iv place the cut slices on a baking sheet flipped over so the raw part of the blondie is on top, and placed them in the oven for 10 more minutes.  Fingers crossed it works this time xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding