body

The Monday blues and Oatmeal & raisin Cookies


Monday madness
Does any one really know the way to San Jose?  When did wearing leggings with holes in them become fashionable?  and why can't i get this photo to rotate???????

It's not really my day, first the Doctor Surgery mucked up my repeat prescription this morning which means I can't collect it now till tomorrow afternoon.   Due to the damp weather from walking to afore mentioned Doctor Surgery, my hair now looks like Shirley Temple's.  Ringlets are not really me.  I then dropped a stitch in my knitting, so decided to un-ravel it and start the whole project again. 

When everything else goes wrong I know it's time too bake............

There's something really comforting about Oatmeal and raisin cookies.

I had a two rail track dental brace a few years ago. (Long Story)  So every time I survived another brace tightening session at the Dental hospital, I used to treat myself to a hot chocolate and Oatmeal & Raisin Cookie from Millie's Cookies in Edinburgh.  Not easy to eat with a brace I admit, but try dunking them in the hot chocolate.  Or breaking off little bits of your cookie with your hands, instead of using your teeth. Mmmmmm.  To me an Oatmeal and Raisin cookie is like giving your self a big hug.  (With out the strange looks from anyone that passes by)

Here's my own dairy and egg free cookie recipe xx

Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies     Temp:- 180oc    Time:- 11-15 Min's (depending on size)

1 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Syrup
1/2 Cup Dairy free margarine
1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
1/2 Cup Raisins
1 tsp. Mixed spice or cinnamon
1- 2  tbsp  non dairy Milk

Pre-heat oven too 180 Celsius, and grease your baking tray.

Using the creaming method, beat butter and sugar together till they turn light and fluffy.  Either by hand or by using an electric hand mixer.

Add syrup and mix well into the butter and sugar.

Mix Spices, flour, Rolled oats and baking powder together in a separate bowl. 

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mix. 
(I prefer using an electric hand mixer it makes this part of the recipe easier on my hands)

You might need to add some milk to allow the dough to form a soft ball.

Using your hands, knead in the raisins to the dough.

You can either roll this in to a log and place in the fridge to firm up.  Then Cut equal disc's of cookie dough, for baking.

Or get hands on and  use a spoon, to portion the cookie dough out into walnut size balls.   Then use your  hands to flatten them down on a greased baking sheet. 

Bake in your oven for 11 - 15 Min's, till they turn golden brown.  The bigger your cookies the more time they will take to bake.

Allow to cool on your baking tray for 5 Min's before moving to a cooling rack. 
TOP TIP'S: 

- You can also use vegetable oil to grease your baking trays and tins, rather than Dairy free marg.

- Use your hands instead of kitchen towl to rub it in, quicker method and moisturises your hands at the same time.

- Make a double batch of cookie dough and freeze half for a rainy day.  Wrap it in cling film or in a plastic freezer bag before placing in your freezer.  Will be okay for up to 3 months.  Defrost before baking. 












           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding