body

My favourite things......

TOP 5 FAVOURITE THINGS

Was swapping recipes with a friend last week and in the middle of  the conversation she said " You eat really well" And when I thought about it, I do. 

When you have IBS sometimes the focus is on what you can't eat, but there's a long list of foods that I still eat.  I just make my own versions more IBS tummy friendly.  So channelling Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music, here's a list of my favourite things. 

 1. Corn
Popcorn, corn on the cob, corn off the cob, polenta, corn flour. corn tortilla etc.
I love corn it's such a versatile food, especially in the form of popcorn.  Morrison's have started doing there own sweet and salty popcorn mix mmmm.   Quick polenta is the ultimate fast food, ready in minutes.



2. Banana's
Natures self packed snack.   Au natural, mashed, baked in cakes or sliced in cereal.  One of my favourite desserts, is too roast a whole banana in it's skin for 20 Min's in the oven.  I then carefully scoop it out of the skin and top it with plain yogurt and honey.  Healthy tasty and decadent treat.



3. Carrots
Raw, boiled, mashed, grated or roasted.  Perfect in Sweet and savoury dishes.  In carrot cake or grated into cous cous for a light lunch. I like to roast  carrot wedges in the oven, in place of oven chips. 





4. Peanut Butter
Iv been obsessed with peanut butter since i read about PB& J sandwiches as a teenager.  When I get the munchies I even eat it straight from the jar.  It's great baked in cookies and cakes.  You can also use it to make Chinese satay sauce.




 5. Soy bean.
 My lactose intolerant life saver.  My weekly shopping basket always contains,  unsweetened soy milk, Plain soy yogurt and Soy dairy free spread.  It's easy to find in any supermarkets and is reasonably priced.  I couldn't bake dairy free with out it.  Then you have miso paste and soy sauce 2 of my favourite cooking ingredients. 





What would your top 5 favourite things be?  xxxxx








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding