body

Budget cooking - Aldi

Have a cake in the oven and Iv just finished licking  bowl clean.  Yup more baking therapy.

Would normally be at the Pantry today but had my medical this morning. So pretty much didn't sleep well last night.  My mum went with me, so afterwards to calm me down we went to the nearest Aldi in Kircaldy. 

Well spaced Isles and not too busy, just the way I like to do my shopping.  They have a great deal on fresh fruit and vegetables at the moment.   Mushrooms, butternut squash, mixed peppers, vine tomato's, fun size apples and clementines are all 69p for a pack.  Perfect for budget cooking. 

There was no way either my mum or I would use that much vegetables, so we tend to split the packs between us.  That way we both get a wide variety of veggies to eat with out wasting any food. 

The only problem  I normally have with shops that Aldi's is they are usually in locations that are only accessible by car.  So it was great to find one open not far from kirkcaldy rail way station. 

Also gives me motivation to do some graded exposure in the future by catching a train and doing some shopping. 

Graded Exposure is basically doing something that your really scared or anxious of, in the hope that you will build up some resistance to it.  Eg In my case getting on public transport and shopping in large stores. 

I was still wired after my mum went home and  felt compelled to bake.  I had a orange in the fruit bowl and coconut milk in the fridge and all I could think was..... Will these work together in a cup cake?

They've just come out the oven and smell great.   Here's hoping this latest baking experiment works xxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding