body

Dairy free shopping obstacle course


It's not often I make a point of thanking shop staff, but I've had to do this twice in the past few days.

On Saturday Mum and I popped into Sainsbury's cafe for a cuppa before doing some shopping.  Mum was able to get decaffeinated coffee, while I was able to enjoy a soya milk Chai Tea latte.  Costa and Starbucks have been doing dairy free alternative drinks for a while.  However Sainsbury's went one better and had 2 choices of Free From cakes on offer.  I tucked into a Dairy/Gluten and wheat free almond slice.  From my own personal experience this year, not many cafes bother. 

While checking out their Free from products later on, I discovered they are now doing there own brand of Miso Paste for £1.99.  You would pay more for Clear Spring 5 single serving of 15g sachet's.

Morrisons are also a stand out supermarket for stocking Free From products.  Iv been able to buy, Soya milk, yogurt and spread there for a while.  Today I discovered they now stocking a  Vegan Dairy free cheese.

None of the other supermarkets near where I live stock any.  Holland and Barrett health store do, but at greatly inflated prices. I probably sound barmy from getting excited by fake cheese. But when you havn't been able to eat real cheese for nearly a year or find an affordable fake alternative it's happy dance time.... They now stock   The Redwood Co Vegan Mature White Cheddar style cheese. 

For the Gluten intolerant, they are also now stocking Dr Oekters Gluten free baking powder. 

It's great to having a larger choice of Free from products.  It's even better that there becoming more affordable xx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding