body

More Banana's....


 
 
PLUS
 
 
 
= heaven
 

I'd rescued a batch of over ripe banana's from a friend before it went in the bin.  I really wanted to find a way to use them.  So I started my day off with some banana and peanut butter porridge, a recipe that I found on the internet.  Lets just say its an acquired taste.  Normally I love anything thats got banana and peanut butter in the recipe title, not this time. 

I chopped some banana into my pot with, porridge oats, water, a pinch of salt and a shake of cinnamon. Then I cook them slowly for 20 mins. Tasted great, my mistake was in added the peanut butter on top.  All it did was mask the taste of the banana.  Even tried mixing it in which made it at least made it edible. 

Won't be making that one again!!!!



Work in progress - mince meat cake

I saw mince meat on sale after Christmas, which kind of set a light bulb off in my head.  Think about it, the ingredients for mince meat are pretty much what you would find in a fruit cake -  mixed fruit, candied peel, sugar, spice and fat in the form of vegetable suet.  You should be able to use a jar to make a cake, or tea loaf. 

My first attempt was a chocolate mince meat fruit loaf - It came out slightly too moist, but was pretty good once toasted. 

Made my second attempt yesterday, a vegan fruit cake - Ingredients 1 jar of mince meat, self raising flour and water.  Then I topped it off with some flaked almonds.  Yet another problem, I opened the oven door too soon and the cake sunk.  Tasted great, but Im still not happy with the cooking temp and time. 

This ones still a work in progress,  next time I'll add an egg or linseed egg substitute.  Im restrain my self from adding a banana xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding