body

Raisin squares



Another day and another baking experiment.  This time I used my raisin squares as a base recipe and added a mashed banana instead of the golden syrup.  The idea was the banana would  add both sweetness and moisture to the squares. To be honest  I think they taste even better this way, but then I am a banana junkie.

 There's probably only a few recipes that I haven't added banana too.  They work as a replacement for eggs in most cake and cookie recipes.  With in reason that is, it's not a good idea to use them as a substitute in recipes that need more than 2 eggs.  The extra sweetness they bring, also allows you to reduce the amount of sugar. 

Next time I make these I'm going to try adding a grated carrot to make a carrot cake version. 

Who wouldn't love a cake or cookie that helps count towards your 5 a day  xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding