body

Sharabelle's and the reading group



I was at an Interviews skill's training session last Friday, which brought up a hard question for me.  What do I say when asked " Tell us a little about yourself"!!!!

Doesn't seem a hard question to answer but it is.  Do potential interviews want to know about my personal history, family history or my hobbies?  How do you condense these to a short answer? 

Really had to think about this one, there is more to me than baking and cooking.   I  also do love other fruit apart from Banana's Honest!!  If you ask my family or friends, there first answer would probably be my life long love of books. 

I'm such a bookaholic, that I'm a member of my local libraries Evening and Afternoon book club.  The next best thing to reading a great book, is talking about it with other bookaholic's.   Normally there on different weeks, which is easy to cope with.  Unfortunately the over the past few mouths they've been in the same week. 

So after getting home from the Pantry yesterday, i had just enough time to eat and change before heading out again.  I had a date with my local libraries Evening reading group.  I havn't made it too the last 2, so couldn't miss this one. Even though the Afternoon reading group was going to be on the next day.

 The book this month was The Conjuror's Bird by Martin Davies.  I'd read it a few years ago, but still enjoyed re-reading it.

It's well written and the story flows well.  The book has 2 stories running together, which eventually meet at the end of the book.  The story is a brilliant "What if....."  based on real historical fact.

PAST story centres Joseph Bank's who was a member of Captain Cooks scientifi expedition. His supposed mistress and  the mysterious bird of ulieta...  a now extinct species that the expedition discovered. 

PRESENT day story centres on a competive race to find the stuffed specimum of the Ulieta bird, and something that's been hidden with it.

 If you love thrillers, especially ones based on historical fact I'd recommend you try reading this book.

Just back from the Afternoon bookclub, this week was a bit different.  We had to pick a book we'd read and talk about it with the group.  I picked the Hobbit, I can't believe Id never read it before.  However after getting through the Lord of the Rings triology of books, I needed a break. 

The Hobbit is written more for a younger reading age, Id call it a classic Childrens book.  Another little know fact about me is that I love collecting classic childrens books.  They have pride of place on my bookcase.  If you havn't read it give it a go, especially if you loved the new movie.

See I don't just read cooking books xxx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding