body

The Banana mission....


Iv decided to make it my mission to post at least one banana recipe a week.  I'm calling it "Thank banana's it's Friday" 

Why Banana's?   They do a lot more than just taste good. 

1. There a tasty self packaged portable snack.

2. You can use a mashed banana as an egg substitute

3. There natural sweetness allows me to reduce the amount of sugar I need in a recipe

4. There high in fibre so there perfect for my IBS

5. Great for giving an energy boost, that lasts longer than caffeine

6. A great source of  potassium, bananas may also help to promote bone health.  Potassium is also great for your blood pressure.

7. High in other vitamins and minerals

8.. The peel can be used to fertilise your garden, especially good for roses.

9. Great for Mental Health as it contains a compound called tryptophan, which when converted to serotonin can improve your mood. 

10. They have an anti acid effect on the stomach, so great to eat if you get heart burn. 


Lets see how many recipes I can find or devise xxxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding