body

Protein isn't just found in meat...


My diet might be limited due to my IBS, however would you be surprised that the only supplement I take is for Calcium and Vitamin D. 

I eat a varied mostly plant based diet, which provides all the nutrients I need.  It's also a myth that meat, poultry and dairy are the only sources of protein available. 



Beans, lentils and  pulses

Includes all non dairy milk products made from soy beans
eg soy milk, soy spread, soy yogurt & tofu



Nuts and seeds

Includes non dairy products made from nuts
eg almond milk, nut butter, tahini,

Vegetables especially
green veg ones

eg Cauliflower, broccoli, green peas, spinach, sweet corn



Grains and cereals

eg Bread, oats, breakfast cereals, pasta




Fresh/Dried Fruit and berries

Fresh:  Avocado, peaches and figs
Dried: Figs, apricots


Keeping too a varied diet, keeps me healthy.  It also keeps me from getting bored eating the same food xx 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding