body

Desserts - Vegan and Gluten free

Things to do list
- Recipes I need to make

My recent blog on cake has left me craving a sweet dessert.  Since It's like going on a treasure hunt trying to find a restaurant that serves both a vegan and gluten free one, I'll just have to make my own.  



Vegan Coconut Panna Cotta

Vegan coconut Panna cotta - from Green Evi's blog

The photo is gorgeous, even better there are only 3 ingredients in the recipe.  Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best.  She's served it with fresh fruit, which adds a splash of colour.  I can't wait to try this recipe myself.


No-Bake Sweet Potato Cake

No bake sweet potato cake - Green Evie's blog

Another recipe from Green Evie's blog.  It's a really unique recipe, I would never have thought of using sweet potato this way.  The shredded coconut and cocoa powder act as a binder in this recipe.  I'm really interested to try this one out.

Vegan Chocolate Pie

Vegan Chocolate pie - from Food 52 

I've used silken tofu in the past to make chocolate mousse, it's a great substitute for cream cheese.  The base is made with gluten free cookies. It suggest using coconut oil for making the base but I would just use Dairy free butter instead.  Coconut oil is just too expensive to buy still.  The chocolate pie recipe isn't too complicated.  I don't think non vegans would realise this was dairy and gluten free x



Vegan Almond Butter Mousse strawberry parfait - From Vegan Richa

Another simple dessert recipe but brilliant recipe.  She does suggest you could use another type of nut butter.  All this needs is some grated chocolate over the top.  She uses the same recipe to make peanut butter Popsicles x



Carrot pudding with Cardamon from Vegan Richa

This is a traditional dessert that I have always wanted to try making.  I not sure it would be for everyone, but I just love trying new textures and flavours.  




Coconut Lime Cream Pie from one green planet

I've got to confess I'm not a fan or using nuts as a base or filling.  I get bored waiting for them to blitz down.  So I would make crushed biscuit base instead.  I would also leave of the extra step of the coconut whipped cream on top.  But that's what recipes are all about, changing them to suit what you like.  The coconut lime cream looks good enough to eat on it's own, and would probably make a lovely rich tasting Popsicle. 


Gluten-Free Vegan Mississippi Mud Pie

Gluten free and Vegan Mississippi mud pie from rhians recipes

A brilliant retro recipe for mississippi mud pie.  I'd make it in a spring form cake tin, instead of pie dish as it would make it easier for me to serve.  The pie could be frozen as well, so a great make ahead dessert.

Orange, Cranberry and Almond Polenta Cake // polenta, ground almonds, fresh cranberries, demerara sugar, oranges, vegetable oil, baking powder, bicarb soda

Vegan Orange Cranberry polenta cake from easy bites on line

I've been looking for a vegan polenta cake recipe for a long time.  So I can't wait to bake this one.  A little dairy free yogurt or ice cream on the side would make this a perfect dessert. 



Gluten Free Salted Caramel Apple Pie

Salted Caramel Apple Pie from simply Gluten free

I wouldn't normally describe apple pie as decadent, but this one definitely is.  Pastry making is a lot easier than it sounds. However if you want a short cut several supermarkets now stock gluten free & dairy free pastry.  For extra crunch I'd love to sprinkle walnuts on top before baking.  



Now all I need to do, is choose which one to make first xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding