body

Peanut butter


It started with a jar of 
peanut butter!


Ever since discovering P&J sandwiches I have loved peanut butter.  My mum's the same, I prefer crunchy while she prefers smooth.  We also love Whole Earth peanut butter, so were really impressed to find Morrison's doing their own brand.  100% peanut butter with no other additives.  How could it not taste good?  Well it didn't......

Peanuts have a natural oil and a film had developed in the top of both our jars.  I had to store mine in the fridge so it could firm up, even then it just didn't taste right.  

I hate wasting any type of food, so my solution was to use it for baking or cooking.  Since I'm getting back to basics and trying to learn to bake gluten free, I decided to make flapjacks.  




Peanut butter Flapjack Recipe - Realfood.tesco.com 

The recipe calls for dates to be added, I didn't have any so left them out.  The recipe was really easy to make. Id cut down the butter next time and add a mashed banana instead.  They tasted great and I really enjoyed them.  

Needless to say I would also bake them for a little less time, they were slightly browner round the edges.  But thats what baking is all about, learning what works for you and what doesn't.  

Peanut Butter

Here are some other peanut butter inspired recipes, just in case you need to use up some peanut butter x


Peanut Butter Mousse - Whole Earth

Three Ingredient Cookies  - Whole Earth

Healthy peanut butter fudge - Chocolate covered Kate

I'm not a fan of coconut butter or oil, it's just too expensive to be practical.  I would use my Pure dairy free spread in its place.  

Satay Vegetable Stir Fry recipe - woman and home

I'd use rice noodles or gluten free spaghetti as a substitute

Peanut Coconut Sauce - Splendid table

Try this with vegetable stir fry and  tofu


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding