body

Product Review - Linda McCartneys red onion and rosemary sausages


 Linda McCartneys red onion 
and rosemary sausages

I admit to only buying these because they were on special offer.  I'm generally not a big fan of veggie products shaped to look like meat ones.  However due to my limited diet I always have a look at the products in the frozen aisles, to see if there are any dairy/gluten free items.  I find that most vegetarian food have either dairy or gluten added, so it's always worth checking before you buy them.

The sausages are dairy and gluten free, however they are not made in a free from environment.  So are not suitable for allergy sufferers.  

I was pleasantly surprised tasting these.  The rosemary flavour tastes natural and really comes through.  While the texture is not that off putting.  I really enjoyed them.  I ate mine with my pimped up beans.  I like to mix ratatouille and 1tsp of sun dried tomato into my beans, to boost the flavour.  I then cut up the sausages once cooked and mixed them through.  The product recipe would be great formed into balls, making them easier to eat.

I'm not sure if I would pay full price for them, then again I am Scottish and love a bargain.  But I would consider it.  With summer coming up they would be great for a family barbecue meat free alternative.  

NB: When cooking free from products at a barbecue, always use tinfoil to keep them separate from meat items to avoid cross contamination.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding