body

Thank banana's it's Good Friday


Thank Banana's it's Friday

It's good Friday and it's snowing....  So Iv needed my favourite Tropical fruit more than ever this week.  In cold weather all I crave is filling comfort food.  So I couldn't resist this recipe for Butterscotch Self Saucing Pudding on all recipes.co.uk, and the only way to make it better was too add Banana's.



Confession time

Iv developed a non standard eating routine due to my IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) My stomach just can't handle 2 or 3 course meals.  So I sometimes have a main meal at lunch time, so I can eat a dessert for my evening meal.  If not dessert I have breakfast cereal instead. 

After the jaw surgery I didn't have much appetite. Well I was drinking my meals threw a straw for 2 weeks,  then progressed onto navigating soft food through the bands locking my upper and lower jaw together.  Kind of took the joy out of eating.  The best advise I got was from my mum.  Forget the conventions of when your supposed to eat certain foods.  If your having trouble eating, it's not what you eat that counts.  It's the eating itself, getting enough energy in to heal your body.

It's been nearly 5 years since the surgery now. But her advise has come in handy as iv developed more food intolerance's.   So after another day of trudging through the snow, all I wanted for my dinner was dessert.  This time self saucing Banana Butterscotch Pudding with dairy free custard. 





If a dessert could give you a big hug, this would be it.  The butterscotch sauce pair's brilliantly with the banana's.  Some recipes I know I'll make again sometime, only with this one it will be sometime soon. 

Don't be scared of giving the recipe a try.  Pouring melted golden syrup, vegan butter and water over your cake batter seems like it will never work.  Believe me it does. 

I sliced a banana and it laid it on the bottom of my baking dishes ( can be made just as easily as one large dessert) Then sprinkle a little brown sugar on top, before covering in the cake batter.  I placed the individual baking dishes on a baking tray, so I could easily take it in and out off the oven.  Then poured over the "Sauce" mixture. 

TOP TIP: - To make sure it comes out when you flip it over to serve, line the base with a piece of greaseproof paper.

This recipes just goes to prove that you don't need real full fat dairy or eggs to make a perfect family pudding.

Warning: - This is one recipe you might not want to share  xxx




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding