body

Dairy free frosting

Cream Cheese style Dairy free
Buttercream

Normally I don't do butter cream or frosting, what ever you want to call it.  I have trouble getting over the fact that it's just fat and sugar.  I also find it way too sweet, and over dosing on sugar is not really great for my IBS. 

I get windy pops - which lead's to swollen tummy - and worst case scenario stomach spasms

The rest of my family and friends love it though.  If I want my baking to be as good as or better than the full fat dairy am going to have to master it.  I also need to make my baking look a lot more pretty.....

It's out there Iv said it, I don't do pretty fancy decorated baking.  Which is really strange as I'm into arts and crafts!!!

The guys at work have offered to be taste testers, so I used a Wacky cake recipe to make some cupcakes.  You can't really make butter cream, with out baking something for it to go on......  I reduced the fat by using soya yogurt, which has the same tangy taste as cream cheese. 

The one tip Iv learned from working at the Pantry, is that your frosting need to be really stiff if you want to pipe it onto the top of your cake.    The only way to get a really stiff frosting is to use a lot of icing sugar. 




I only topped one cup cake. I won't see the guys till tomorrow, so I'll wait till morning to frost the rest.  That way they won't go soggy over night. 

Had mine an hour a go with a cup of peppermint tea, it tasted good.  However I could only handle a little, as butter cream is just too sweet for me.  Generally If I find something over sweet, it's just perfect for other people. 

Sharabelle's Cream cheese style butter cream

2 oz Vegan butter
1 dessert spoon Soya yogurt
8 oz Icing sugar
a few drops of vanilla extract

- Measure out your vegan butter, then whisk till light and creamy. 

- Measure out your icing sugar, use a sift to slowly add it into your vegan butter.  I like to add 2 oz at a time, that way you can check the sweetness as you go.  

- Once half the icing sugar is added whip in the vanilla extract and soya yogurt.  Then add the rest of the icing sugar.

- Scrape down side of bowl with a spatula.  Cover with cling film or a food safe bag, and place in your fridge to firm up.  This will make it easier too pipe.

Fingers crossed the guys like them xxx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding