body

Thank Banana it's Friday...


Found a great website this week  Australian Bananas. It  has some inspired, sweet and savoury recipes using my favourite yellow skinned fruit.



This weeks Banana recipe is for....

Banana and peanut butter
Quesadillas

It's not the best photo Iv ever taken, to be honest I just really wanted to tuck in and eat it.  Sorry!!! It's one of those snacks that taste a lot better than they look.

My inspiration this week came from Rachael Allan.  I caught one of her older shows on the TV, which just reminded me how awesome Quesadillas are. Think of them as a Mexican version of a toasted or grilled cheese sandwich. 

I used to fill mine with pesto, spring onions and grated cheese.  Then toast them in a dry frying pan, causing the cheese to melt into the other ingredients.  Making a dairy free version is a no no, since Iv yet to find a vegan cheese with out yeast extract added. 

Yeast gives me major windy pop's which my digestive system does not like!!!!


Sharabelles thought process

- I love quesadillas, they make a great quick meal
- I love roasted Banana
- I love Banana and peanut butter sandwiches


Why can't I merge the 3 together and make a Banana and peanut butter Quesadilla.  So I did.

Assembly instructions

- Heat a dry frying pan over a low too medium setting on your cooker.

- Look out 2 tortilla wraps - Any will do, just use your favourite

- 1 Banana - Sliced or Mashed

- 1 Jar of Peanut butter - Again use your favourite

Spread 1 of the tortilla wrap with peanut butter. Then place peanut butter side up in the frying pan.  Cook for a few Min's and allow it to crisp up. 

While the wrap is cooking, slice or mash your Banana.  Either spread the mashed banana on the other tortilla wrap or arrange the sliced banana's on top of the peanut butter in the pan. 

Place the 2nd tortilla wrap on top and flip to cook the other side.  I used my hands, but you could slide it onto a plate first.  Place your dry frying pan on top and flip the plate to turn your quesadilla.

Cook till crispy then plate up, and cut into slices. Best served warm.

You should end up with a crispy quesadilla on the outside, while the inside is soft.  The peanut butter becomes gooey and melts into the Banana.  Perfect as a light lunch for 1.  Or as a healthy snack for both adults and kids.

Alternative versions.

Swap the peanut butter with dairy free chocolate spread. 

Add dairy free chocolate chips to the peanut butter and Banana. 

For a no cooking required recipe.

Take 1 tortilla and spread it with peanut butter or dairy free chocolate spread.  Peel a Banana, don't slice.  Place at the end of the tortilla wrap and roll up.  Cup in half to serve.  Great lunch box snack to kids and the young at heart xxxx







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding