body

Baking on a budget


Baking on a Budget, with limited resources and time

Lemon Soda Loaf Cake

It's the weekend and I should really be relaxing, however anxiety doesn't come with an off switch.  So basically I'm in hyper mode.  Imagine a child running around and playing all day then crashing in the afternoon, is basically the nearest description I can get. 

I already know why, Iv done it again and scheduled too much into for next week!!!

Along with a full week Iv also promised to bake for several different people.  I always bake for the reading group monthly meeting.  I'm baking for the Express group since it's my friends last day before she leaves for her new job and I promised to bake one of my giant cookies for the guys at the Pantry.  The weekend is the only time I have to bake.  I can't really afford to be spending a lot of money on baking ingredients. 

So time for some Budget Baking, checked what I had already in the house that I could use.  Then worked out what recipes I could make by spending the least amount of money. 


Lemon and Poppy seed Fairy Cakes

1 lemon, sugar, butter, oil, poppy seeds and soda water can go a long way.

Used the grated rind from half the lemon, along with flour, sugar, oil and soda water to make a to make a Lemon soda Loaf Cake  gift for my friend Bev.  Then made the same recipe but also added 1 tbsp of poppy seeds to make lemon and poppy seed fairy cakes, for the reading group.  For the guys at the Express group i made a batch of scones.  The only money I needed to spend was on buying some chocolate for the Giant Cookie recipe and a pint of milk to make the scones.  Not a bad use of store cupboard ingredients really xxxx

Only problem i have now is that Im still in hyper mode and have run out of things to clean, bake or cook

Comments

  1. At the risk of sounding like your great Aunt. I have to say that I have also suffered terribly in the past with IBS and one of the Key causes of IBS is stress....It seems to me from the above schedule that you are spreading yourself too thin and as you say even when you have time to relax you can't switch off...I have retired and although I like to keep busy I am on my own schedule now and so the IBS has not bothered me for a few years simply because I am no longer as stressed...Please try to get help with the stress and start saying a big fat NO to some of your activities...I promise you that at least half of your food in-tolerances will disappear...Love your recipes by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Im starting to schedule in Relaxation time to reduce the stree. Glad you love the recipes xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding