body

Baking hits and misses

The misses

When I started this blog I wanted to be totally honest and share both my baking success's and disasters. And yesterday was full of disasters.  First I tried to make Anzac Biscuits, I was inspired by the Australian Master chef biscuit challenge episode.  The biscuits where baked and shipped to Australian Troops during the second World War.  Really basic recipe but sometimes the simplest foods are the best.

I was puzzled that they turned out more chunky than I was expecting, until I realised that I hadn't added the bicarb and water mix to the batter.  They still tasted good, so they should taste great the next time I make them (with out leaving out a key ingredient). 

I was still in hyper mode, so I went grocery shopping and found some great fresh corn.  Iv been dying to see if I could bake with it.  My own personal mission to bake with every vegetable I can think of.

Cut the kernels of the cob and pureed them and adjusted one of my recipes.  Batter tasted great, final result not so much.  The cake collapsed on me because I took it out the oven too soon.  Never one to waste food, I gave it a taste....  It was like corn on the cob mixed through a traditional bread pudding.  I love bread pudding just not with the taste of corn through it.  I think Iv finally giving up on the idea of my kind a cup cake out of corn. 

I'll stick to baking with root vegetable's for now........

If any one has a fail safe dairy free cake recipe using fresh corn let me know, and I'll give it a try again xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding