body

Dairy free ice cream




Craved a scooby snack last night and remembered I'd frozen a banana before it went bad.  I've got to give a big shout out to all the vegan blogger's out there.  Who with out this advise, I may have never eaten ice cream  again.  (I'm Scottish, have you seen the price of non dairy ice cream in the shops!!!!)



Banana and chocolate soft serve
1 serving
1 Frozen sliced banana   -
1 tsp cocoa powder
soy milk or yogurt to mix
(agave nectar to sweeten to taste)

Equipment blender

Put the banana and cocoa powder in the blender and pulse to break up.  Add some milk to allow the blender to break down the banana.  Pulse and blend till your happy with the texture.

The frozen banana freezes the soy milk to create a soft serve consistency.  Watch how much milk you use or you'll end up with a milk shake.   Also if you blend for too long, the heat of the motor will melt your mix.  Scoop into a bowl.  You can place in the freezer for 30 Min's if you want a firmer texture.

You can use bought frozen fruit or freeze your own.  It works best if large fruit is cut up before freezing. 

I've also done this with 1 cup of frozen mixed berries, a spoon of yogurt and a little agave to sweeten.  Makes a lovely berry ice cream.  As long as I have some frozen fruit to hand, I know am only 10 Min's away from dairy free heaven.

I tend to stick to soy milk, but any non dairy milk would work with this.  Use your imagination, nothing to stop you getting creative and added your own toppings either.

Let me know how your creations turn out xx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding