body

Look mum I did this xx

My first meringue

As you can tell I'm major chuffed that I have finally cracked (forgive the pun) making meringues.  Making a pavlova at the Pantry gave me the confidence to have another bash. 

When ever in doubt I alway head to my baking bible The Good Housekeeping Cookery Compendium Revised Edition 1958.  (have a mentioned I orginally trained as a library assistant?) 

I was given this book by my grandma, who has since passed.  I love baking from it, it's like she's still in the kitchen with me.  It's where I turn too when the internet fails me.


 
Why is it that the recipes with the fewest ingredients are always the hardest to master?

Trying to make meringues requires a lot of patience, iv discovered.  I only have an electric  hand mixer, so I prepared myself with a cup of tea and a book.   After following the directions to the letter I finally put them in the oven.  Which required even more patience, to make sure I didn't check them to often.   So after leaving them to cool once they were bake, another period of waiting, I finally got a taste of one.

Georgous and crisp, even better dairy free xxxx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding