body

Chocolate and Banana cake


Yesterday wasn't one of my best days, especially after bumping into an old work college.   I needed to do something to calm myself down.  So Guess what I BAKED, always calms me down.  Who doesn't feel better after getting to clean a mixing bowl of batter mmm

 Iv had a few problems with my freezer lately.  Namely it's full of baked goodies for friends and family, who am currently waiting on picking them up.  So after a quick De- clutter and transferring some to freezer bags I solved my problem.  Plenty room to bake some more. 

My problem is once I think about baking, i can't really stop myself from finding something to make.  Some times I can fool myself by cooking from scratch instead, but its not the same.    I had 2 banana's that needed used up, and a book club meeting next week.  Perfect excuse to Bake........


CHOCOLATE AND BANANA CAKE

2 Ripe Banana's - mashed
4 oz Sugar
5 fl oz vegetable oil
5 fl oz soy milk / or normal milk
6 oz Flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tablespoons cocoa powder

Pre-heat oven too 180 Celsius
Mash the banana's, then mix in the sugar, veg oil and soy milk. 
Measure out flour, cocoa and baking powder, combine together with a whisk.
Slowly add the flour mix to the banana mixture and combine till smooth.
Pour into a prepared lined or greased tin of your preference.
Bake for 40 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack



I usually make mine as a tray bake because I'm not too fond of frosting.  I can't get over the idea I'm eating sugared fat.  But Iv doubled the recipe before and made it "real dairy"  layer cake with frosting.  I had some one on hand to taste test the dairy batter and butter cream frosting for me.  Would have turned out better if I'd remembered to line the baking tins !!!!

The guys at the pantry had this for their afternoon tea break  last week.   And they seemed to enjoy it. 

Iv made my dairy free version for various friends and they can't tell the difference.  Lol, I always wait till after they've eaten to tell them.  This one's a great recipe for sharing with friends, whether their vegan, dairy or egg intolerant.  This way you can eat the same thing they are and not feel excluded or different xxxx



Comments

  1. Collected an empty cake box from the library this morning. The Dairy free Chocolate Banana cake was a hit at the afternoon bookclub and with the staff who finished of the rest the next day.

    I love making people happy with food xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding