body

Spring Onions


SPRING ONIONS

It's another rainy day in Scotland, so to get over the weather blues I'm attempting to make my first Solo meringue project.  They've been in for 2 hours now, 1 hour more to go.  I know the oven is at a really low temp, but it just feels weird leaving something baking for this long.  So to distract myself I thought I'd share a great tip that I found recently.

 superscrimpers ep4-spring-onions

After watching the episode I had another "why haven't I thought of this before!!!" moment.  Basically to make your spring onions last longer put them in water.  I found an clean plastic fruit carton, placed the spring onions in it and filled up with enough water to cover the roots.  Then I just made sure I kept topping them up.  I already use this trick for my fresh cut herbs, so know it works. 

However when you put spring onions in water, they start to grow again!!!.   Didn't believe it when I saw the episode but its true.    Give it a try xxx

(N.B. View from my kitchen window, the weeds to the left belong to my neighbour.  Ohh and the frame at the back on the right are my rhubarb and beetroot experiment.  )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding