body

Save money and waste less food

I don't bake all the time, just most of the time.  I also cook a lot of my food from scratch.  Self preservation really, I got fed up of reading food labels to see if I could safely eat the stuff.  In some cases it takes less time to make a meal than read the bleep bleep labels. 


Todays lunch
My aim today was to use the tomato's in my fridge that were turning soft. ( Note to self, never buying fruit and veg from Asda again it never lasts.)  They also didn't have much taste.  So I roasted them in the oven at 180 celcius for 30 Min's, then turned off the oven and left them in. 

When it was nearer lunch time I added them to a pan with some yeast free veg stock, a splodge of tomato sauce and some salt and pepper.   After a quick blitz from my hand blender, I left the soup to simmer for 20 Min's. Finally I added some basil leaves.  A lovely easy to make creamy tomato soup. Proof that you don't need to add dairy to make a creamy soup xxxx


This isn't a recipe it's more of a tip.  Instead of throwing out vegetables, try making a pan of soup, pasta sauce or veg curry  instead.  You can freeze it once it's cooled, then you have an instant meal for those days you can't face cooking.

Fruit can be frozen as well.  Banana's can be frozen in there skins (the skin is a natural freezer friendly container)  then later defrosted and mashed to make banana bread.  Or you could slice them, and use to make an instant ice cream or smoothie anytime you want xxx









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding