body

Banana - The good mood food.




When I first started looking a dairy free baking, I discovered vegan websites and blogs.  I was inspired when I found out that, bananas could be used as a egg substitute in home baking.  Another benefit was that banana's are a great food for those of us with mental health problems like depression.  Thats why it's a great Good mood food.

It was then I gave myself the challenge to find out as many things and recipes that used bananas.  Check out my Banana Project page, for a list of my Thank Banana it's Friday blogs xxx

Why eat Banana's? 

1. There a tasty self packaged portable snack.


2. You can use a mashed banana as an egg substitute


3. They have a natural sweetness which allows me to reduce the amount of sugar I need in a recipe


4. There high in fibre so there perfect for my IBS


5. Great for giving an energy boost, that lasts longer than caffeine


6. A great source of  potassium, bananas may also help to promote bone health.  Potassium is also great for your blood pressure.


7. High in other vitamins and minerals


8.. The peel can be used to fertilise your garden, especially good for roses.


9. Great for Mental Health as it contains a compound called tryptophan, which when converted to serotonin can improve your mood. 


10. They have an anti acid effect on the stomach, so great to eat if you get heart burn. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding