body

Alpro Hazelnut chocolate - Review

Product packaging of Alpro Hazelnut Chocolate ice cream


When I saw this was on offer at my local Morrisons Store, I decided to treat myself.  The weather has been so hot in Scotland, so perfect for Ice Cream.

The Ice Cream was easy to scoop out of the Tub, it has a nice smooth texture and melted on the tongue.  You can just make out the taste of the Hazelnut, through the Chocolate flavour.  It's not as strong a taste as Nutella, but I liked that. They 2 flavours were evenly blended together. 

I prefer dark chocolate, so could have done with a stronger flavour.  However those of us that like dark chocolate are in the minority.  I believe this one would be perfect for children.  I didn't become lactose Intolerant until I was an adult, so can only imagine how a child must feel when others get to eat ice cream.

The tub is only 500ml and retails at £3:50.  Dairy free ice cream costs more because they need to ensure strict hygiene throughout the process to stop cross contamination.   Due to being on a low income I wouldn't buy this unless it was for a special treat.  

Due to my IBS I regulate my portion sizes, so only eat one scoop per serving.  I can make a tub of ice cream last a week. This ice cream tastes great and others might find it doesn't last them that long.  

Just a note:  The ingredients contain palm oil, however they purchase it  from sustainable sources and is RSPO approved.  


Special Offer (as at 27/05/17)

Morrisons - £2:00
Asda - £2:00

Tesco - £3:50
Sainsburys - £3:50
Waitrose - £3:50



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding