body

Holidays and dog days

Who, me?  

There's been a lot in the news lately about the new changes to the benefits system.  I saw a really interesting interview this morning, which quoted that only 1% of all benefit claims where fraudulent.  The Media and public perception would have you believe this is higher. 

So why should I be worried?  I'm being supported by the benefits system at the moment and my claim isn't a fraudulent one.  However the negative media and public perception still affects me. 

My depression and anxiety has been getting worse again lately.  I might be a rational individual but there's nothing logical about mental health problems.  If there was we'd all be cured.  The problem - I needed a break, and I didn't think I deserved one.  I don't do paid work, so why should I be entitled to one.

I'd bought into the same image presented by the media, as everyone else.  I couldn't bring myself to take a break with out first talking to my mum and my support worker.  People I can count on to tell me the truth.  Whether you work or not everyone needs a break, to recharge there body and mind.

So now I'm on holiday Iv encountered another problem, boredom.  My anxiety disorder makes me kind of hyper, I'm not happy unless I'm doing something constructive.  Which totally defeats the purpose of taking a break.

Relaxation for me is hard work, does not come naturally.  If it did I wouldn't have needed to have taken relaxation classes, as part of my therapy. 

The solution came in the form of a 9 week old ickle girl called Piper, my brothers new pup.  I'm on pup sitting duties this week, which is perfect. Once a day I'm going down to feed and play with her.   My brother lives on the other side of the town, so I get a good walk there and back.

Im doing something  productive, that helps out a member of my family. While at the same time time, playing with a 9 week old pup can't really be counted as work.

 It's also hard to remember your own problems when you've got a hyper puppy running circles around your feet.   Iv finally met the one girl, that's a whole lot more hyper than I am xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding