body

Thank bananas it's Friday ....


The Banana Project

 
My aim is to make as many Dairy free Banana recipes, as I possibly can in 1 year.  Then posting them once a week, to keep you all updated on the hits and the misses.
 
 
Greens Carmelle classic dessert
 
 
Coconut and banana Carmelle
 
This week I made a dairy free Carmelle, using a Greens dessert mix.  I bought the Dessert mix a while ago when I discovered it was vegetarian.  It's usually made up with milk, so I wanted to see if it would still work when using a non dairy milk. 
 
I could have made one from scratch using vegan gelatin, but to be honest It was cheaper to buy the dessert mix.  Especially since I planned to use Coconut Cream, which is more expensive than normal milk.

I mixed 1/2 pint of coconut cream and 1/2 pint of soya milk to make the creamy dessert base. 
 
 
 
The plan was for the banana's to be on the top, once the dessert was turned out.  As you can see from the photo above this didn't work, they floated instead. I should have put the Carmelle in first before the banana's and this would have helped secure them once the coconut mix was added. 

The taste of the coconut Carmelle, with bursts of banana was sublime.  Loved this, would definitely make again if having friends over for dinner. 

I think most non Dairy milk's would work with the Greens Carmelle dessert mix.   If you don't like coconut you could always use almond milk instead.  It's easy to change the flavour, just by changing the type of non dairy milk you use.

My second  recipe this week was for Curry crusted banana, I took the inspiration from a Paula Deen recipe.  Which is pretty strange as this one Is baked in the oven and relatively healthy!!!

I added a little brown sugar to each banana and used my favourite Garam Masala mix. The idea of a Savoury curry crusted banana just didn't seem right to me, which is why I went with a sweeter option. 

This is a recipe you will either love or hate.  I liked it, but I couldn't tell you why.  The strange mix of the sweet baked banana and the crunchy curried crust just went together.   This is one of the stranger recipes Iv eaten on the banana project so far.


I can't honestly say if I'll make it again or not  xxxx



 
 
 
 







 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding