body

Gift idea's: for women

Bunch_of_flowers : Red gift box with colorful roses on white background Stock Photo
Why Presents can be depressing...


Some was asked me the other day how long it was till my birthday, I was pretty shocked to realise that it's only 3 months away.  For me Birthdays and Christmas are pretty depressing times, but probably not for the reasons you would think.

Yes I have mental health problems, at those times of the year I start missing the people that are no longer with us. However that's a normal reaction that most everyone has, when they've lost someone close to them.  

 Gift Idea's: Flower's bouquet of flowers or the simple  gift of some potted herbs make a great present.  One of my favourite gifts was the present of some garden pots of plants that my dad had grown and potted himself.  Knowing that gardening isn't really one of my talents

What really depresses me is getting presents.  Or to be more precise getting presents, that I can't actually use.  

Gift Idea's: For women Candles, scented perfumed ones or unscented for those with allergy's.  I love lighting candles in the winter months, there lovely and relaxing.  Great for someone that gets stressed.  

The most go-to-gifts to buy for someone when you don't know what they want are

- A bottle of Wine or there favourite drink
- Box of Chocolates or there favourite sweetie
- Perfume or other luxury perfumed products

Due to my I.B.S I'm intolerant to both alcohol and Dairy, so the first 2  are not gifts I can use.  I also have another inconvenient problem.  I have sinus problems as well, which means I avoid wearing any perfumed products.  I always buy un-perfumed, from basic soup and deodorant too my washing machine detergent.  

Gift Idea for the lactose intolerant: Dairy free chocolate  or Candy
Because it's more expensive to produce in a free from environment, it's not something I would go and buy everyday. Making it an ideal gift for the lactose intolerant. You can find small gifts in major supermarkets or speciality stores.  On line there is a larger selection to choose from.  Not just on speciality sites, you can order dairy free gifts from Amazon.

My problem is not every one remembers this, when they buy me gifts. Strangely it's mostly family that forgets rather than friends.  Iv learnt to graciously Thank them and not let on.  It's the thought behind the present that's important not the present itself.  

The stress I have is not letting on, so I don't hurt their feelings.  Then trying to pass the gift onto someone they don't know so they wont be offended.  I hate waste and Id rather someone got the benefit of the gift even if I can't.  

Gift Idea for Vegans: Vegan Wine.  
Not all wine is vegan, some producers use animal products to filter the sediment before bottling.  Check before you buy.

So if you have a similar problem to me, your not alone.  Or if your the friend or family of someone with a mental health problem or medical problem, please think before you buy.

It's not the cost of the present that touches us, it's the thought behind it.  That someone who knows you has gone out of there way to get you something you can wear, use or consume.

Gift Idea for Everyone: Home made is best
I love making and giving friends and family home made gifts to fit there own personal tastes.  I also love to receive them.  One of my favourite Christmas gifts, was a painted stencilled wooden box, that my mother crafted for me.  It still has pride of place in my bedroom.  


This year all iv asked for my Birthday is for someone to make a home made meal I can eat without worrying about my food intolerance's.  And a dairy free birthday cake, I haven't made myself  xxxx












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding