body

Christmas chaos - Opps I did it again....


When baking with CBT doesn't work


After writing a blog about using CBT to bake, I really should have taken my own advise.  I had a baking disaster when making a Bakewell tart for my friend D.  A major almond junkie.

What a Bakewell tart should look like.......

Everything was planned and organised.  Id rolled out and lined the pastry tin the day before and kept it chilled in the fridge.  In the morning before I left for the pantry I looked and weight some of the ingredients. I even sieved the jam, since D isn't keen on the seeds.  All I had to do once I got home was pre-heat the oven and make the cake batter.  

The first problem was I hadn't weight out all the ingredients.  The second problem was I hadn't taken into account how stressed I get after travelling by bus home from the Pantry due to my anxiety disorder.  The bus's are even busier at the moment due to all the Christmas shoppers. 

Note to self:  Don't bake when your stressed!!!!

I should have really just got in had a cup of tea, made my dinner and calmed down first.  Nope I started to bake instead and ended up adding too much flour. 

I knew something was wrong but couldn't really work out what.  So i added some milk to slacken the cake batter, before pouring into the pastry and baking in the oven.  It then took 60 mins to bake.

The thing was huge!!!!  I left it to cool over night.  I still wasn't happy with it in the morning, I didn't realise my mistake till I re-read the recipe  Dooh. 

Lucky for me I had a large batch of chocolate chip shortbread cookies in the freezer.  I quickly took some out and gift wrapped them in a cellophane bag with a festive red bow. 

Being an honest person I admitted, and could laugh about my baking disaster when I met D later in the day.  We took in an early showing of the Hobbit.  (I cope with the cinema better when It's not busy)

I knew it definetly wasn't a bakewell tart, so between us we decided to call it a bakewell bread. 
Lol, I suggested she slice and toast it for breakfast.

N:B Loved the new Hobbit film.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding