body

Festive baking experiments

Yeast free cinnamon roll

During Christmas  bakery's and cafes are all full of delicious looking festive treats.  The  problem is I can't eat them..... bah humbug.  When you have IBS and food intolerance's,  Christmas becomes an obstacle course of temptation.

I couldn't resist taste testing a  full dairy chocolate brownie, that Id baked as a gift.  Not a great idea when your lactose intolerant.  When you know you can't eat or drink something, it just becomes more of a temptation.  Which is why I always try to make my own dairy free version. 

Iv been searching the net for a yeast free, dairy free cinnamon roll recipe for a while.  It's hard to find both dairy free and yeast free recipes, so as usual I decided to try and make my own.

I took my basic scone recipe, rolled it out flat and topped it with cinnamon sugar, chopped apple and nuts.  Then rolled it again into a log shape.  Cut it into 8 even portions and placed them on a greased baking tray on there side.

I then used the same temp and cooking time from my scone recipe to bake them. 

Tasted great, not too bad for a first attempt.  However next time id leave the apple and nuts out and only use cinnamon sugar.  The apples made it a bit too moist for me.



12 Bakes of Christmas update

Chocolate Brownies- baked.
M's Dairy free cookies - baked
Filling for cheese and onion pies - ready

Felt more relaxed and less stressed to day. So while I was on a roll I also baked a giant chocolate chip cookie for an extra Christmas pressie.  As well as my rolled cinnamon scones.  

It's always easier to bake when your relaxed, it becomes more of a joy than a chore xxx










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding