body

Dobbies - Fife Leisure park Dunfermline

I don't like to write bad reviews. Anyone can have an off day and I do not believe in judging a place based on one visit alone.  However this is now the Third  visit that I have been less than impressed.


Okay the positives first:


It's one of the few places that I can go with my friends and family and find something I can both eat and drink. 


- They have a great selection of Suki Teas, I especially love the herbal ones.


- They Stock Lazy day foods Gluten free, Wheat free, Dairy free, egg free and vegan products.  My favourite is the Belgium dark chocolate Tiffin.


- They have soya milk available.




Negatives: 


Last time I was there and ordered hot chocolate with soya milk, the cup I was given wasn't filled to the top and the saucer had a chip in it. 


It also took them a long time to serve both my mother and myself. Then finding a clean table was a bit difficult. 


Things happen I work in the catering sector, they could have been short staffed that day.  Or had new staff training at the time, that did not know to look out for these things.  Iv been in that situation myself.  However repeated bad service is not acceptable. 


Today it was lunchtime so I decided to have some soup, their vegetarian option was courgette and pepper.  We stood in front of the food  - hot holding section and were ignored by three members of staff.


Two were taking the black board down so they could make sure the writing was all done by the same person. A job that shouldn't have taken priority over serving customers.  The remaining employee appeared to the putting plates away or tidying.  Finally walked onto the soup section where we were finally served.  Then ungraciously  told to help myself to a bread roll or scone, to go with the soup. 


If anyone of the employee's had told me they would be with me shortly or apologised for our wait I wouldn't have a problem.  Both show good customer services, however they did not.  


We moved down to the tea section near the till and stood for 10 minutes before anyone appeared to serve us.  There were 5 employees, in the serving area further up the counter, at the time and no other customers so no real reason for ignoring the only ones they had. 


Again finding a clean table was difficult, however when you have a large dining area and only one person cleaning tables you can't really blame that person alone.  The staffing could have been better allocated. 


Dobbie's restaurant used to be a place to go when you wanted to treat yourself.   Something better than a normal cafĂ© or coffee shop.  Today they are not, the rest of the store seems to be well run, and their deli shop beautifully laid out.  They also have Free from products including my favourite Lazy day foods in the Deli shop.  The service at the main till was also really good. 


Needless to say I will not be going back,  Ill be heading to the Costa coffee shop at the odeon cinema.  Where I can also find peppermint tea, soya milk and some free from products.  And most importantly fast and friendly service x











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding