body

What do I eat? - Dairy free


Carpal tunnel decompression menu


Along with my other ailments I have Carpal Tunnel syndrome in both wrists.  Basically a trapped nerve, however between managing my mental health problems and Digestive problems it's always been pretty far down my list of things to worry about. 

So when I did finally get it checked out I got told the only way to help was an operation.  Decompression sounds pretty non invasive, for surgery that involves cutting a ligament in your wrist.  I admit the idea pretty much freaked me out, however the surgery it self was quick and only needed a local anaesthetic.  The only pain Iv had following the surgery is when I forget I'm not to use my hand.

The worst part has been is that Iv not able to cook or bake properly for the last week. Which is pretty much my idea of torture.!!! I don't eat pre-made meals unless Iv cooked them myself, so Iv been using up my homemade  freezer supplies. 

I usually tell people to chop there own vegetables and buy loose fresh produce since this means the products cost less and last longer.  That's not really been an option this week including chopping vegetables. 


Carpal Tunnel food menu


Breakfast


- Bowl of Corn flakes with Almond/soya milk
- Oat and Raisin Scone with jam
- Banana


Had to cut the scone with my left hand, didn't look pretty but tasted good. Normally I chop fruit into my breakfast cereal, it's a lot easier to eat whole. 


Lunch


- Barbecue beans with Bulgur wheat


I cheated and bought the barbecue beans You can buy good quality tinned beans. I then mixed my beans with a tin of chopped tomatoes and added chopped leaks, peppers and mushrooms. 
 
Basic Vegetarian Baked Beans - Vegetarian.about.com


Dinner


Pasta with sundried tomato paste.


Pasta and Eggs are my go to fast food.  There also easy to cook with one hand.  Traditionally pesto has some form of hard cheese in its ingredients, so I can't eat it.  Iv started using sundried tomato paste instead, as it tastes great and can be stirred into cooked pasta.  I like to keep a little of the starchy cooking liquid, since this helps the tomato paste stick to the pasta. 




Snacks


Rice cakes topped with peanut butter and jam.
- My version of a P & J sandwich


Veggie Colin the Caterpillar Sweets - M&S 
- Recent discovery very tasty x




I finally relented and bought some pre-chopped veggies from my local Morrison's, to make soup for the rest of the week.  My mum thankfully visited and chopped the rest of my veg for me.  Your never to old to need help from your mum,






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding