body

Nandos - Lactose intolerant Restaurant Review

The Nando's logo


Nando's


Fife Leisure park
Dunfermline

My friend lucked out and got some vouchers for eating at Nando's.  So she decided to invite a few of us out for a meal.  Of course, with me the invitation was a little different...

Can you eat anything at Nando's?


To my surprise, after reading their website it turned out that I could.  When you think of Nando's, chicken is the first thing that comes to my mind.  Not great vegetarian food.


The menu is probably one of the easiest Iv come across to check out allergy information on.  The list covers dietary preferences like vegetarian and vegan as well.

It also breaks down the calories for each food, so you can make an informed choice in what you can eat.  I loved the fact that you could choose your side dish, I get annoyed when the only option is chips or potatoes. 

I had the Veggie burger in a wrap with chilli jam and avocado.  I let the waiter know I was lactose intolerant so they wouldn't add the yogurt.  Avocado are creamy so worked well as a substitute. 


There was only one item on the dessert menu that I could eat , the passion fruit sorbet.  It was good, however sorbet or fruit salad is the only thing on most Restaurant menu's for those of us that are lactose intolerant.  The last time I was able to have a proper dessert, was at Hendersons in Edinburgh. 


My friends both had the Double chicken wrap with chips, non of us was brave enough to go for the hot spice option.  I love spicy food, however my stomach doesn't though. 


We all really enjoyed our meal and would definitely go again.
  It's great to discover somewhere else that I can eat.


Eating out tip: Since there is usually only one dish on a restaurant menu that I can eat, we like to change locations whenever we go out.  That way I don't get bored of eating out xxx 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding