body

Heaven scent Coffee Shop - Milnathort, Kinross

Review


North East Winner of the 2015 - The Scottish Independent Retail Award for Coffee shop of the year




The positive side of having to work every Saturday, is that I always get a day off during the week.  Perfect for meeting my mum for coffee or tea and a relaxing read of the daily newspapers. 


Instead of heading for our usual place we drove to Milnathort, and a place my mum had read about in the Fife Gazette - Kelty and Cowdenbeath Edition.


Heaven Scent Coffee Shop more than lived up to our expectations.  Eating out when you have food intolerances is not easy at the best of times, however I was really impressed with the amount of choice this café had on their menu. 


The Café it's self is lovely, light and airy, with quirky decorations.  You immediately feel welcomed by the space and the staff. 


They have a Separate Gluten Free menu available on request at the counter.  Along with a wide selection of homemade Gluten free Cakes and Biscuits.  My IBS symptoms have been getting worse lately so Iv cut Wheat and Gluten to see If I can get it back on track. 


I had Gluten free Toast with Poached eggs, and no butter (I'm Lactose intolerant) with a pot of peppermint tea.  My mum had the mini full breakfast with brown toast and poached egg.  Along with a pot of breakfast tea.




Both our teapots came covered in hand knitted tea cosies.  Definitely my kind of people, before my Carpal tunnel got bad I kind of got obsessed with knitting tea cosies.


Mum really enjoyed her mini breakfast, everything was cooked to order.  While her egg was lovely and runny, unfortunately mine were not. It's my only criticism everything else was perfect.  Then again I didn't ask for them runny, and as I work in the catering sector myself I know were not psychic.


xxx We left arranging when we next could go back, so next time I'll remember to ask xxx


Whether you have a food intolerance or just looking for an independent Coffee or Tea shop I would highly recommend this place. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding