body

Hot Cross Buns - Gluten free, Dairy Free








Image for Sainsbury's Freefrom Fresh Hot Cross Buns x4 280g from Sainsbury's


It's been 5 years since iv had a Hot Cross Bun, that's how long Iv excluded yeast from my diet. The best  I ever tasted came from a small family bakery's in Inverurie where my grandmother lived. 


Iv recently come to the conclusion that I might not be yeast intolerant, but rather wheat intolerant.  My mum noticed that my IBS symptoms were always worse when Id been eating a lot of baked goods.  So for the next 2 months I'm going on an exclusion diet to find out.  The negative side is that Iv now cut out a lot of foods, from an already limited group.  The positive is that it's open up a whole other side.


So when I discovered on a trip to Sainsbury's that they had Gluten free, wheat free & dairy free hot cross buns I just had to buy them. 




Smell: The aroma of the spices as the hot cross bun is toasted  was divine. Well worth the 5 year wait since my last one


Taste: Traditionally they are made with an enriched bread dough, filled with dried fruit, orange zest and spices. It was perfect toasted and spread with my Vitalite Dairy free spread.  I loved these, we have a toaster at work so took one for my afternoon break. The hot cross bun is not to sweet, most of the sweetness coming from the dried fruit really


It was a pure trip down memory lane and brought back wonderful memories of visiting my grandmother. Being pre-packed they are not as great as fresh ones from a bakery, however I found it hard to tell that it was Gluten, wheat and dairy free xxxx


Would definitely recommend these xxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding