body

Weird stuff and me


Weird Stuff

If something strange or unusual is going to happen, it will happen to my mother or me!!!!  

I spent the first day of my holiday in Tenerife stuck in the hotel, due to a tropical storm.  Then the plane back was delayed due to mechanical fault, so didn't land in Glasgow till 6am in the morning. 12 hrs later than planned.  Got the first bus back home, only the journey took 8 hours due to the snow and traffic jams.  It normally only takes 1 hr 30 Min's!!!!

A few months ago I accidentally cut my ankle while shaving my legs and developed a skin tag infection.  Very itchy and annoying. The more I itched the more it spread......

Spent a night in a Edinburgh Travelodge for my birthday 5 years ago. Then had to spent the rest of my 2 week holiday stuck in my house, because I'd been bitten by bed bugs.  There were so many bites I thought I had chicken pox's!!!  

The list goes on..........  Having an anxiety disorder, really doesn't help either.  

Iv got to the point now that nothing surprises me, including the disasters that seem to have plagued me this week.  


1. My cooker kept tripping the fuse box.  After the third time I thought it would be safer to leave it switched off.  At least until some more more knowledgeable in electrics could look at it.

2. The brace on the back of my front teeth got damaged after a scale and polish from the Dental Hygienist on Tuesday.  Which means I am going to have to make an appointment at Edinburgh Dental Hospital to fix it.

3. Then Yesterday morning I had planned to iron clothes for work.  Except the Iron made a strange crackling noise before starting to smoke.  Switched it straight off and took it outside my house in case it went on fire.  


On the positive side, I handled it.

 Iv finally returned to the world of work after nearly three years, dealing with depression and anxiety.  They have not gone away, I am just getting better at controlling them.

Didn't panic with the cooker, just left the fuse off in the main box.  Then text'd my brother for some help, because he's one of the smartest people I know.   

 I dealt with the whole smoke burning iron logically without freaking out.  My normal reaction would be to go straight out a buy another one.  Some people are comfort shoppers, me I'm a comfort shopper.  

Instead I looked out my travel iron and researched the best deal and reserved one for pick up tomorrow.

It doesn't sound like a big thing, but for someone used to anxiety panic attacks and depression it's a big tick in my positive box.  

3 years ago I couldn't leave the house without taking convoluted journeys so I wouldn't get caught in busy places.  I had really bad insomnia and my IBS was the worst it had ever been.  

Now - I'm off benefits and back to work.  Taking a total career change from Administration too catering. Having a more active job as really helped my physical and mental health.  I'm being more pro-active in dealing with my anxiety and IBS problems.  This blog was a big part of that.  

So for everyone that's read it thank you xxxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding